Stacy-Deanne: The Voice of a Gen X Author

WELCOME TO THE BLOG OF THE LITERARY DIVA. Stacy is a best selling author, model, landscape photographer and editor. She is featured in the book, " Literary Divas: The Top 100+ African-American Women Writers in Literature " Stacy is a fiction author.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Keyshia Cole: This Babe Rocks!


Man if only Keyshia had come out a few years earlier she’d have been a " Divas of the New Millennium " pick for sure! I never paid her much attention but I was surprised at how people have talked negatively about her. Some people say she’s ugly, this and that. Well I don’t know what these folks are used to but I think Keyshia’s one fine sister. As you can see I am a woman confident in myself enough to admit when another woman has it going on. Plus I’m a feminist and I try not to hate on other women. I try to uplift women’s images in all forms, showing we deserve respect. Some may not but that’s another story…LOL!

This lady can saaaaaang, y’all! Not " sing " she can " sang "! I had no idea she was this talented. I hadn’t ever listened to her but I’d heard so many things about the album I decided to get it. It takes me a while to get a new artist’s album. I need to know if they are any good before I buy them. With new artists you never know right? But I love this album and I’m only half way into it. She brings a new sound and unique flavor to R&B. She’s not a copycat and she has her own style. Her " look " doesn’t fit her sound though. She comes off as " gangsta " or " ghetto " with the tattoos and all but her music is anything but. She has the sensuality and talent of Faith Evans mixed with the smoothness of Deborah Cox.

Miss Cole is definitely making waves of her own. She is not to be confused with any wannabes out there. She is a diva in every sense of the word. Been so long since I listened to an album I couldn’t put down. So any R&B fans out there who haven’t given Keyshia a chance, get this album. Believe me you will love it. I am very impressed. I am definitely looking forward to more work from Miss Cole. I hope she has a long career despite of the haters. Also people need to stop saying she’s ugly. She’s pretty in her own way. I know she probably looks ten times better than the people that talk about her.

I RECOMMEND THIS ALBUM FOR TRUE R&B FANS!

Bootsy

4 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

Interesting. I disagree somewhat with your analysis of her but I am glad you found something to hold attention. It seems like it gets harder and harder as years go by to find new music that soothes or satisfies one's soul.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Stone said...

I you I love Keyshia the album is ealy good soulful and funky and she is damn good live.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger LadyLee said...

I like the one KC song out called "Love"; I have a copy of the album on my laptop, so now you got me wanting to listen to it!!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Rose said...

She is okay. I hear her music from my daughter's room. I don't know much about her....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home