Stacy-Deanne: The Voice of a Gen X Author

WELCOME TO THE BLOG OF THE LITERARY DIVA. Stacy is a best selling author, model, landscape photographer and editor. She is featured in the book, " Literary Divas: The Top 100+ African-American Women Writers in Literature " Stacy is a fiction author.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hola Amigos! (Hello Friends!)

" I make no apologies. I have no regrets. " Madonna

" Go down where it's warm inside...go down where I cannot hide...go down..where our life begins...go down...that's where my love is...that's where my love is...that's where my love is...
" Where Life Begins" by Madonna (Erotica 92')

Hola Amigos! (Hello Friends!)
Gracias (thank you) to those who wished me a Happy Birthday!
I am enjoying it so far. I’ve only been 28 for a few days so I am not used to it yet. I do feel very different though. I know it’s just an age but I still have to get into the swing of being 28. My publisher called and made my day by wishing me a happy birthday. Then we just talked a bit about my future, LOL! And what a bright future it is! I got some good news today but I will keep it to myself until I know for sure how things will turn out. Once again I am praising being positive for I know it is what gets me through. I have accomplished so much since I made the transformation from thinking negatively to positively. It’s a journey and for me this is the one I want to be on for life.

By the way, my horoscope says that this year may bring on a storybook romance for me! I’m not holding my breath but hey, there may be something to it right? They always say you fall in love when you least expect it. Who knows? I’ve been so busy Mr. Right may come pounding on my door right now. LOL!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still on this earth. I know I haven’t posted in a few days. I have to get some work done so I won’t be posting for probably the next couple of days. It seems that everyone is busy. Almost all the other writers that blog are extremely busy too. See it’s weird in the world of writing. A writer can find himself or herself too busy to breathe at times.

A few months ago I finished things I needed at that point but now I am busy all over again…but that’s the writer’s life. That’s why a lot of authors don’t update blogs as much as other people. We just don’t have the time. Anyway, I spelled the author’s life out for you guys before. I am sure you all remember. LOL!So, I am flying high today on my good news! People from the industry have been wishing me happy birthday and I tell you this was probably the best I have had. And yes it’s because I’ve been positive. That is why so many good things are happening to me now. And you know I will keep you posted.

I will see you all when I see you. I will leave you with the " mother of my soul ", " the ruler of my destiny ", the queen of my kingdom ", yeah, yeah MADONNA. You knew that was coming didn’t you? Wait I'm the queen of my universe! LOL!

Oh and that's a man's finger she's sucking, y'all! You know I wouldn't put anything vulgar on my blog, LOL! This pic is from 92' her " Erotica " era.

Bootsy!

Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics

7 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, Blogger kathi said...

I adore you sweetie. Negativity not only brings you down, but everyone around you...and pretty soon you're wondering why you're all alone. You fly girl, we're all watching you and lifting you up!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry I missed the actual day!

Congrats on your good news!!!! And, you know I love the positivity. Keep it coming! I totally agree with you. What a difference it has made in my spirit - choosing to be positive!

Girl, we're just getting started at this age.... or so they say! ;-)

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Rell said...

thanks for stopping by the blog -- you've got good stuff here. Come back! I'll do the same...

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Happy February 5th birthday!!! Ahhhh....28. It was a very good year.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger ShoeGirl Corner said...

I just saw you're in Houston like me! Do you ever do anything with Nuestra Palabra-Latinos Having Their Say? www.nuestrapalabra.com. I've read with them before and my best friend is one of the hosts on the radio show Tuesday nights on KPFT. Send me an e-mail if you get a chance. It's a link on my blog.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger kathi said...

I do think she quit awhile ago...been awhile since I couldn't find her. I think I remember Leesa mentioning that she was quitting. Not sure, it didn't happen today, LOL.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Kat--You mean " Storm " right? Yeah I was shocked that she quit because she never gave an indication. Man I used to love her blog. It was very popular too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home