Stacy-Deanne: The Voice of a Gen X Author

WELCOME TO THE BLOG OF THE LITERARY DIVA. Stacy is a best selling author, model, landscape photographer and editor. She is featured in the book, " Literary Divas: The Top 100+ African-American Women Writers in Literature " Stacy is a fiction author.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Men Listen Up: I Don’t Have to Give You A Reason


Okay, why do men always ask you why you aren’t interested in them, don’t want to go out with them or don’t want to see them again if you did go out with them? Men, it may sound harsh but I don’t have to give you a reason and I won’t. Look, I feel that it’s a woman’s right to say no and that woman doesn’t have to be subjected to your endless, questions as to why.

" But I don’t understand if we hit it off…"

" Why? What did I do? Tell me and I won’t do it again, baby…"

" Is it me? "

" Come on. I don’t understand why you don’t want to go out with me. "

" How come you don’t want to go out again? I thought we had a good time. "

" Why didn’t you ever call me? "

" Why am I not your type? What’s wrong with me? "

" Is it someone else? "

Blah…blah…blah…blah…

Men don’t understand what it is like to be a woman. We not only have to deal with one fool but thousands okay? So when we reject you, we aren’t going to sit down and write a list as to why. I am tired of getting a thousand questions as to why I don’t want to hook up with some guy. I’m trying to spare you okay? I could tell you what I really think but I’m trying to be nice by just saying, " I’m not interested. " Let me move on with that. Don’t dig the hole deeper by bugging me and asking me why I don’t want to be with you. Women have that right to not tell you why!

I think most men find themselves rejected because some of them are terribly pushy. I don’t know why, but I seem to attract pushy, over-eager men who seem to be on the verge of obsession. I don’t like to be pushed and bullied into being with someone. If I say no, it’s no. I have that right. I don’t have to be with you just because you want me. And I don’t owe you a damn thing. You think I would DARE ask a man why he didn’t want me? Hell no! I’d say, " Okay, bye. " That’s the way I am. If a man is secure in himself he can take a hint but now I find that these days when you say no to someone you practically need a darn restraining order for him to get the hint. Instead of running after me why don’t you go and find someone who might want you? Persistence isn’t the key with something like this, fellows. You look downright desperate and pathetic if you keep going after a woman who says no.

NO ONE OWES YOU A REASON. GET A LIFE AND MOVE ON.

Just wanted to put my 2 cents on this because I am sick of getting the third degree if I don't want someone. Just because someone is available doesn’t mean they want you. If you’re not my type I don’t look at you, plain and simple. And don’t try to " change " to be my type because that’s not anything real. I can see through that a mile away. I still won’t want you because that’s not genuine. We all have our preferences and a man begging won’t change my mind. I am sure others are sick of it too. People are trying to be nice when they don’t actually tell you the truth. You keep asking and you may find out something that you didn’t want to hear. Accept that the person is being honest and let it go. Please, get a hint, clue and some self-respect and stop begging. It’s not a quality that most women find attractive.

Ciao!

The picture is Aaliyah. Rest in Peace Baby girl. Damn that girl had style.

9 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Hi En, glad you stopped by again. And, I didn't mean to sound harsh but you know some men try to bully you and push you like you shouldn't have a choice. What I am saying is, why can't someone just not be interested and the other person just accept that? Some people try to make you fall in love with them but that doesn't work. Insecurity is a big turn off to me and if someone is acting desperate and begging then that's not nothing I want to be with. The kind of man I like...hmmm? LOL!

Let's see...I like a man who is:
Educated & Intelligent
Sincere & Understanding
Kind & Patient
Honest
Good Breeding
Career oriented
Likes to travel
Has goals
Can appreciate a woman for what she is and how she accomplished that
Not frightened by successful women
A man who is confident in himself
Good dresser
Clean
Respectful

En, some men are just too pushy and it's very frustrating for women because a lot of men think that just because a woman is single she HAS to be with them. It's like a brick has to fall on some people's heads, LOL! I'm my own woman and I won't let anyone bully me into anything. I'd rather be single for the rest of my life before I let someone take control over me. Now when the right man comes along, then he will be the right man and there will be no problem. But I don't think people should force relationships with others if they aren't interested. And I think just saying " not interested " should be enough. It would be for me. Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN! I'm respectful to these men until they try to push me.

And I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I'm so fucking tired of guys thinking that "no" means "yes". Talking about "you KNOW that deep down inside you want me, no need to play hard to get". I'm being polite, I'm being respectful, but they don't take "no" for an answer. I DO NOT WANT TO BE YOUR GIRL, IS IT THAT HARD TO CONCEIVE? SHIT HAPPENS.

The worst is when these dudes are physically attractive and think that since they're cute, rejecting them is unthinkable, talking about "All these women that wish they were in your shoes rightnow and you're rejecting me?". AWWW SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU MUDDASUCKA??

How about those who use money, like that other guy, no matter how much I tell him I ain't interested, dude promises that he'll spend money on me. I TOLD YOU I DON'T WANT YOU, KEEP YOUR CASH!! I'M JUST NOT INTERESTED. SHIT HAPPENS.

How you're gonna force me to be with you? Would you force yourself to be with a WOMAN you ARE NOT interested in? My thoughts exactly. MOVE THE HELL ON.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Fresh said...

If it is someone you've been dating, and you have a legit reason for not wanting to see them anymore and they ask you I think they deserve to get an honest answer. If they are asking they don't want to be spared or let of easy. If they continue to badger you after you gave them the reason...block their ass. LOL

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Abeni said...

Nobody likes rejection as it makes you feel something is wrong with you.So it is natural to try to find out why you not making the grade.But,the badgering thing is a real pain in the butt and sometimes there just ain't a nice way to say take a hike.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Welcome all, I'm loving the comments.

Joy--You're a nut! And I see you've dealt with this a lot too. You've described every incident just like it always seems to happen. LOL!

Berry--Welcome. I would definitely talk out things with someone I had been dating. I agree that is fair. I was mainly speaking of men you know the kind, like Joy mentioned that think you'd BETTER be with them or else. It's like a single woman has to get with them just because they may want her. I'm mostly speaking of men who act a little nutty. I'm thinking, " Why can't this guy see I don't want to go out with him? " It's scary when you think about it because if a guy isn't listening to me say no I'm beginning to think he has a mental problem. I think it's basically a respect thing. I don't think anyone should try to push themselves or a relationship on anyone else. But I agree with you about people you have dated. I wouldn't do that to someone I once cared about. I just want to be able to say " no " to the ones I don't want without being harrassed. LOL!

En- So glad you got what I meant. I'm one of the kindest people you'll ever meet and I wouldn't ever hurt someone just to hurt them. It's just that women get bombarded at times by men who think they have a right to control you even when you don't want them. I think when you can't get the point after asking someone several times and they say no then it's on the verge of stalking and harrassment.

Abeni-- Hey sis. Of course it hurts to be rejected and you know I wouldn't hurt anyone on purpose. Again, it's the pushy factor. When a woman or man says no, the other should listen. It's a respect thing and we all have the right to choose the person we want to be with.

Loving the comments you guys!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger j said...

i hear you loud and clear. i shouldn't have to explain myself to any guy. they become less attractive when they become needy and ask a lot of questions.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

Wow - alrighty Miss Stacey...somebody done pissed you off... LOL! I hear you though. People (men and women) need to learn that if someone doesn't answer you after repeated questions, it's probably something you don't want to hear. So just drop it!

I like the things you're looking for in a man. Your one will come whenever he comes, you're sooo right! Love your attitude. Have a great weekend!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Gurll...you breaking hearts again? Stop that. Just wanted to give you a holla. How's the writing coming along?

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Hi Michelle,

Yep, always breaking hearts, LOL! Writing is going good. I'm getting ready to send off samples of my anthology. I hope this works out well. I'm going to stay positive though sometimes it's hard in this business. You know blogger is back to acting up. I can't post pictures or change fonts again. I've nearly had it with them, LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home