Stacy-Deanne: The Voice of a Gen X Author

WELCOME TO THE BLOG OF THE LITERARY DIVA. Stacy is a best selling author, model, landscape photographer and editor. She is featured in the book, " Literary Divas: The Top 100+ African-American Women Writers in Literature " Stacy is a fiction author.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Truths & Untruths About How Men & Women Think of One Another

WOMEN:

Myth #1: All Women Love Flowers and Candy as Gifts
This is the biggest myth in case you don’t know. Not all women like flowers, fellows. It may surprise you but it’s true. I like looking at flowers but I don’t want them scattered all over my house. I like roses (got 2 rose tattoos) but I don’t want real ones because they effect my sinuses and plus, I’m just not into flowers and plants. So when a man woos me he shouldn’t send me a dozen flowers and definitely not candy unless it’s sugar free. A girl’s watching her weight you know? So don’t think every woman wants you to send her flowers and candy. Just remember this.


Myth #2 All Good Girls Like Bad Boys
Wrong! I’m a good girl and all I want is a man who is the same. Give me a man with morals, a good education, career, goals, breeding and I’ve fallen in love. The only time I would even look at a thug or criminal was to call the police, LOL! Personally I don’t see why a woman would want some worthless guy whose life goal is to hang out, drink and go in and out of prison. You can have fun with good guys too and at least it would be the right kind of fun.


Myth #3 Women Are Always Sensitive
Wrong! I could list a handful of women who wouldn’t know sensitivity if it bit them in the butt. This is a big misconception. There are a lot of doggish women out there just like there are doggish men. Don’t automatically think all women are sensitive. You’ll find out the hard way that some are not.


Myth #4 Women Hate Sports
Okay whoever is still thinking like this needs to come out of the Dark Ages. Enough said.


Myth #5 Women Obsess About Their Looks
No more than men do. In fact more men obsess about their looks more than women ever do. Nine times out of ten it’s your man who’s looking in the mirror more than you are.


Myth #6 Women Lose Interest in Sex Faster Than Men
Only if the man isn’t doing his job. If you keep it tight fellows, your woman has no need to complain or get bored. She can only work with what she’s " working " with right?


Myth #7 Women Are More Likely to Choose a Nice Man Over A Good Looking Man
I am proud to say that most women don’t obsess over a man’s looks. Most of us do go for how a man treats us over his looks. If he’s not that attractive to society, it doesn’t mean we just throw him to the hills. We care more about how a man treats us. However there are a lot of women who want The Rock so…. LOL! These are the ladies who will always shoot you down. But if she thinks you must be perfect, you don’t need her do you? No one is perfect.


Myth #8 All Women are Impatient & Bossy
Women do like things done a certain way. We may throw some tantrums but that’s just our way. I think that’s embedded in us because men always get on our nerves, LOL. Sorry fellows but we get tired of telling you over and over to throw your empty containers away or put the toilet seat back down. As for impatient, we can be very patient. Especially in the bedroom. Ha, ha, ha, ha!


Myth #9 Some Women Don’t Like Men Who Cry
Wrong! Most of us love it! In fact I haven’t met another woman who said she didn’t like it. Let me speak for myself on this. I want a man who can protect me and is tough when he needs to be. But I love it when we’re watching a romantic scene and he gets tears in his eyes and doesn’t try to hide it. It shows he is real. We all have emotions and men are allowed to as well. Believe it, fellows. Women love it when their men tap into their sensitive sides.


Myth #10 Women Love a Man Who Wears Cologne
Not if you shower in it and a lot of you do! Your cologne should give a faint whiff every now and then it shouldn’t clear the room. I don’t want to smell YOU on my clothes after you bring me home. But on the flip side men love it when we wear perfume. It drives them wild!


MEN:

Myth #1 All Men Have A Little Dog in Them
Okay Dark Ages again. Just because a lot of men screw up doesn’t mean that all men are bad, ladies. I don’t care if you’ve been with three men who have all cheated on you, don’t think all men are dogs. There are a lot of good men out there who would probably be hurt by us before they even think of hurting a woman. Now you may not be able to FIND too many men around you that aren’t dogs, but believe me they are out there. It’s just that dogs travel in packs. LOL!


Myth: #2 All Men Love Cars
Do all women love shoes? Well, let me think about that, LOL! I love shoes myself. Anyway, this is a big myth. Can you believe that not all men are in love with their cars? It’s true. Not all men love cars, ladies. Just like all women don’t love shoes.


Myth #3 All Men Love Sports
Just spoke to a guy last month that said he hated sports. Most times when men hate sports it’s because they can’t play any, LOL! But this is a myth. A lot of guys can’t stand sports.


Myth #4 Men Always Look at Looks over a Woman’s Personality
I saw a gorgeous guy with a woman who should have been eating Puppy Chow just the other day. Enough said.


Myth #5 All Men Love Butts
I don’t have a big butt so I am glad this isn’t true. I’m a busty girl and believe me it is more men who love the rack than the romp, LOL! Also there are tons of " leg " men out there. Sometimes you don’t know if a man wants a woman or a bucket of KFC.


Myth #6 Men Don’t Like Cooking, Crafts & Sewing.
Duh! You’re in the Dark Ages again if you’re thinking this way. If you turn on the Food Channel and HGTV all you see is men. You go to the craft and sewing stores it’s men, men and men. The world is changing, ladies. Men no longer feel they should hide some of these interests. It’s a beautiful thing.


Myth #7 All Men are Technical or Know Something About Cars
All men know about computers and electronics huh? Yeah, I almost spit up a lung laughing at this. Just talked to a guy who didn’t know what an Anti virus was. He thought it was some sort of medication. AND HE HAS A COMPUTER! And there are a lot of men who know squat about cars. They might as well be driving a big box. But men will always pretend they know even if they don’t. Especially when a woman asks a question.


Myth #8 All Men Dress Bad
A lot of them do but that is why we are here, ladies. No seriously a lot of men dress very well. I love the conservative type myself. But you knew that already didn’t you?


Myth #9 Most Men Like Trashy Dressed Women
Nope, wrong. A lot of men are embarrassed when they see a trashy woman and will probably talk about her more than another female. And the men who go after them aren’t going because they want her, just because they want what she provides. He sure as heck wouldn’t take her out in public or spend money on her! Why would he buy the cow when he gets the milk for free right? Believe me, most men can’t stand that pitiful, shameless act of dressing trashy. If anything it shows the woman has no confidence because she feels she has to dress like a slut. It’s not sexy and sends the hooker vibes into high gear if anything. It makes most men very uncomfortable.


Liked my list? Just throwing some fun your way. I have a feeling I surprised some of you about women with the flowers and candy. If a man is wooing me, he can send me a pretty card or a gift. Forget the flowers. I don’t want anything that makes my nose run, LOL!

Bootsy!

9 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Abeni said...

Lol,feeling you on number one.Its not that I hate flowers but they really don't impress me as a gift.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger kathi said...

I like flowers, but mostly outdoors. I hate to see them wither and die in my home. Sad. I'll take the candy though, LOL. Any kind at any time.

I also can not stand a guy who bathes in cologne. HON, the more you put on might mean it'll last longer, but no one will be around later to find out!

And, sweetie, where's # 10 on the mens list?

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Leesa said...

Flowers and candy? Give me a gift that needs to be worn around the neck and locked up in a safety deposit box! Just kidding. I like the idea of a man trying to please me by buying me something I want. And I like flowers - just not on the typical days (Valentine's Day, Birthday, etc.).

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!! You didn't surprise me with the flowers. I'm not a big flowers person either, unless it's tulips because I love tulips. Anything else to me just seems like no imagination/creativity/thought to what I actually like... I like your list both guys and girls!
Thanks for the fun today!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Priscilla said...

Girlfriend, you are too much! Hey, I'm a good girl too, that has a nice man...but we both have a dash of mischieviousness..he he.
#5 is so true, my husband can be just as vain as me sometimes.
#9 OMG, my husband cried at our wedding, and that made me fall depper in love..he had our entire crowd crying!
#5 (Men) I have booty, and my man loves it, thank goodness for that!
He also cooks occasionally, is very good with his hands (in more ways than one)! OK, I know that sounds dirty, but he is quite the handyman and can fix almost anything.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Rose said...

I am a flower girl. Love them. But not impressed. I buy them weekly myself and put on my kitchen table. Don't need a man to do that. But I do like nice watches with diamonds...love them

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly!! PREACH girl PREACH!! All these generalizations kill me. People act like women and men are robots or something. It's official, I'm linking you on my blog.

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly!! PREACH girl PREACH!! All these generalizations kill me. People act like women and men are robots or something. It's official, I'm linking you on my blog.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Fresh said...

Any gift given with the right sentiment is a good thing. :-) I would actually prefer the flowers to the candy though....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home