Stacy-Deanne: The Voice of a Gen X Author

WELCOME TO THE BLOG OF THE LITERARY DIVA. Stacy is a best selling author, model, landscape photographer and editor. She is featured in the book, " Literary Divas: The Top 100+ African-American Women Writers in Literature " Stacy is a fiction author.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Crazy Stuff that Goes on in Bars


Just wanted to share something with you. I'm not into the bar scene but I know what goes on in certain ones. Do you know of the bar contests? No I am not talking about the wet T-shirt contests or the booty shaking contests. I am talking about drinking contests. It is frightening to see what some people will do for a little bit of cash. And I mean a little. The most I've seen someone win was $60.

The Pig Feet Drink:

This is when some sap is dared to drink liquor with pig feet swimming in it. Not only is it gross but smelly as hell.

The Toenail Drink:

This is when the bartender dares you to drink a glass of scotch or bourbon with toenails, (yes toenails!) in it. I am not making this up, you guys! I've seen it with my own eyes. And what's sick is that people actually do this. The first thing that comes to my mind would be "Whose toenails are these? Do they have some sort of fungus? " The crazy things some people do for money. GROSS!

The " Butt " Drink:

This is big with islanders. It's very big in Jamaica. The bartender fills a glass of beer with millions of cigarette butts and dares you to drink the entire thing. You drink it then you win the money. I've seen it and it's disgusting. Almost everyone whose done it throws up immediately afterwards. Yep, pretty gross.

Talk about Fear Factor huh? It may not be with animals but that toenail thing is pretty gross. Are they digestible? LOL!


11 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

WOw... never seen those in my days at the bars, but I believe ya. All sound pretty gross, but with the toenails one, if the liquor is strong enough, that's solace that maybe the fungus is going to be dead. Still wouldn't drink it though.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Abeni said...

I really can't decide which is the worst.Cooked pig feet or raw?

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger SuzLue said...

I've been out of the bar scene for some time, and reading this post...Ewwww, I'm not going back! What and where are these crazy contests happening? I want to throw up too! Yikes!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger kathi said...

Yeah, well thanks for these images before I go to bed... If I can't sleep, I'm calling you.

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Meadow said...

Yick. That's disgusting!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

That's just nasty. Thanks for the visual.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Deb said...

The only thing I like seeing at these bars--OR---participating in are those body shots!

Bring it! ha!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

These are rather gross. Thanks for sharing... uh, yeah! That's probably why I'm not a big barhopper myself.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger ~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

Hi stacey-deanne - thanx for being a super visitor to my blog - i gotta visit urs more often! That's sad about the drinking games. I am not much of a heavy drinker - the smell of beer grosses me out actually. I ain't down w/ those kind of drinking games or any heavy drinking at all. I'm a wine drinker and 1 glass - I can barely finish.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for grossing me out. I'm wondering did you enter a few of those contests yourself? You're sounding like too much of an expert. Just kidding. Hope all is well.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Hi All--Yep pretty disgusting aye? I don't think it's just for the money. Men are the ones who do this stuff because they love to compete. They see one fool doing it then they want to do it too because they think it impresses women. Also, don't forget most of these guys are already hammered. I'm sure some don't realize what they've done until the next morning, LOL. Why some men think chugging down toenails and cigarette butts would impress a woman I don't know but I believe this is the main reason they do this. I hope so because you'd have to give me a hell of a lot more than $60 dollars for drinking toenails! Maybe $60,000 but I'd have to decide whose toenails to drink AND I would have to examine them first to make sure they are clean. Believe me it's gross because the toenails sink to the bottom so the men have to slurp. And you have to drink every one or you lose. YUCK! I recently found out that that cigarette butt drink is big in some frat houses too. Boy those college guys will do anything for a buck, LOL!

Michelle---I'm going to get you for that, Missy. LOL! But shoot, if you put the right amount on the table I would try the pig feet thing. But I'd have to already be drunk to do the others, LOL! Why do I have the feeling some of you will try these games this weekend? LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home