Stacy-Deanne: The Voice of a Gen X Author

WELCOME TO THE BLOG OF THE LITERARY DIVA. Stacy is a best selling author, model, landscape photographer and editor. She is featured in the book, " Literary Divas: The Top 100+ African-American Women Writers in Literature " Stacy is a fiction author.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Break Time


Hola, I am very tired right now.

I also have to finish up my anthology. I mailed off samples of it but I still have two short stories to complete for it. Blogger is boring as hell right now. I don’t know what the deal is but everyone is either gone for good or not posting. So I am tired of feeling like I am all alone, LOL! No, seriously, nothing is happening in Blog Town right now. Plus more of the people I loved to visit have bitten the dust and it’s depressing to hang around a ghost town. I can tell that people have slowed down with blogging because I don’t even get the same amount of comments I used to. Then when I look at other’s blogs who usually have heavy interaction, theirs are low too. I still get a lot of visitors but they don’t post. And most of the people I visit regularly aren’t updating so…

I’m also depressed because one of the people I enjoyed visiting just deleted her blog. She just started a few months ago and she was so positive but then she just left. Since the lack of blog interaction has been getting to me I need a little break. Don’t worry, my breaks never last too long. It’s just that I am tired and I find blogging more depressing now then entertaining. I can’t help but wonder how many people will stop before the summer time. I can’t see too many still hanging around. I can’t tell you how many have already bit the dust. Plus, I've been slipping in my posting. I usually give meaningful and very entertaining posts. You guys may not think I'm slipping with that, but come on. My last post was on Brandy for goodness sake. That alone tells me I need a break! Not trying to down her or anything but speaking about Brandy's slumped career and drained fanbase isn't exactly exciting material. At least to me.

So I am going to rest, write and relax. Plus my eyes are bothering me. I wear glasses and I think the computer is getting to me. It’s okay when I write but I need to give them a break.

Please continue to visit and comment. I will be back very soon. If I have something I really need to post about I will pop on. I just need a couple of days. Plus I don’t have much to talk about anyway.

Bootsy

12 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

there are plenty of things to talk about...life, love and the pursuit of happiness....who am i kidding...don't go too far

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Priscilla said...

Hey girlfriend!
I also have been a slacker with my blog! I've been so busy, but I just updated it. I think you will enjoy my post.
I love your blog, so don't quit!
Hugs,
Priscilla

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Abeni said...

I give you one week:)

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger kathi said...

Well, hell. I'm missing people too, and now you. I'm trusting you'll be back, though. And with all the work you do, you probably do need the rest.
Thinking of you darlin...and love you much.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Hi all, thanks for thinking of me. I am NOT quitting my blog! It's just that I think I'm tired of of it and need a little break. You know I've been blogging constantly since July. I am one of those who write a different post everyday so naturally you get a little tired of something. Plus, it hasn't helped me when people I always enjoyed reading keep closing their blogs. But I guess that's life. Mom says I need to rest, LOL! Mom knows best. Plus, like others, I've run out of things to talk about right now.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Yeah, I've been blogging constantly since last April. I'll write about anything that comes to mind. There's not much research involved or deep, deep thought. I just write. Anyway, I hope that you'll come back and visit when you get back. Meanwhile, I'll have to check out some of your writing.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

Well, take a break, if you need one. And, we'll be here waiting when you come back refreshed and ready to go.

I feel you though... the blogosphere has changed lately...

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Rell said...

we're still going strong, thanks for visiting lately :-)

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Arlen said...

Nice picture...

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Cheer up Sunny D -- what happened to remaining positive?

Don't let what others in blogland are doing affect your attitude -- if it's in your heart to do it, or if it's a true love of yours, just keep doing you in the blogsphere --even if comments are down or you find yourself struggling to create inspired posts. For every Brandy post you have -- there will be something else for you to post about that's far more exciting.

Stay focused on all the good going on with your anthology and other writing projects -- BLOG TOWN will always be here! Peace & Blessings to you -- Mickey

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger T.M. Brown said...

Awww, I just found your blog. I would have commented. Congrats on the book, it's nice to see young black people doing their thing. I just started blogging myself, I've been having trouble getting the comments flowing though.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger SP said...

Don’t be depressed. A lot of good bloggers have seemed to disappear, but there are plenty of people left. I came from Envizable’s page. I’m going to add you to my list of reads so you better keep on with the posting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home